When your dog barks, it’s his way of communicating, just like when we, humans, talk to communicate. They bark for different reasons; they feel territorial, they feel fear or danger, and sometimes, they bark when they’re too happy.
They tend to bark excessively, and it’s something that might be annoying for you or your neighbors.
We listed below the best bark collar in the market that might help you.
Best Bark Collar List for 2017
Zacro DC335 Dog No Bark Collar for Bark Control with 7 Levels Adjustable Sensitivity Control, Electric Anti Bark Shock Collar for 15-120 Pounds Large and Medium Dogs, No Harm Warning Beep and Shock
This bark collar uses two technologies to create stimulation using high-frequency sounds and electric shock. If your dog barks, this collar will progressively increase sounds and shock. After each bark, your pet will understand that the sensation caused by the collar is telling him to stop barking.
The microprocessor inside this device will also increase the sensitivity of it from the sound to separate noise from the environment to respond quickly upon detecting that your dog is barking. On your dog’s first bark, it will send a warning tone that only your pet can hear.
On his second bark, the sound will be louder than the first one. If your dog is still barking for the third time, the device will stimulate him by sending a sound with short mild shock.
It will continuously increase if your dog is still barking until it reaches 7th level. After that, it will stop working for 1 minute even if your dog barks so that your pet will have a rest with the stimulation. It’s not a heavy collar, and it is effective for dogs weighing 15-120 pounds.
Don’t forget to check your pet’s neck first before putting on this device and make sure he has no wounds around the neck.
Included inside the box:
- 1 x No bark receiver
- 1 x Adjustable Nylon Collar
- 1 x Test Light
- 2 x Long shock electrodes
- 2 x Short shock electrodes
- 1 x English Manual
- It has an updated and improved anti-bark chip that is effective, harmless, and easy to use.
- There are seven adjustable sensitivity levels that you can customize for your pet.
- It wouldn’t be uncomfortable for your dog to wear since it’s very light.
- The nylon collar is adjustable and can easily detect the back of your dog without being confused due to the noise from the environment.
- It has a 24-month warranty.
- Use the product with care since some users complained about its durability.
SportDOG Rechargeable Bark Control Collar
The stimulation can reach up to 10th level. It also has different modes to choose how to train your dog depending on your preference.
The three training modes are Temperament Learning, Progressive Correction, or User-Selected Correction mode. The collar is rechargeable, and it is proud of its Perfect Bark Technology feature.
As I mentioned, this device has ten levels of stimulation. Let me explain how this works. This device has a reliable sensor system that can detect both sounds and vibration.
External noises or even barks from other dogs won’t trigger the device. Only your dog’s bark can trigger the stimulation. The level of stimulation will go higher if your dog is still barking until it reached the 10th level.
To ensure the safety of this device for your pet, the device will automatically stop the stimulation for three minutes if your dog barked fifteen times within a 50-second period.
There are three training modes. The first one is Temperament learning. In this training mode, the level of stimulation will increase to a higher level if your dog barked within a 30-second period. If he barked again, but it has passed 30 seconds, the level of stimulation will start at the last stimulation level it was activated.
The second mode is the Progressive correction mode where the stimulation will progress from the lowest level and if the dog barks in the 30-second period. If your dog doesn’t bark after 30 seconds, it will reset again to the lowest level.
The last level is the User-Selected Correction mode. This one is like a manual mode where you can choose what correction level will stimulate your dog if it barks. If your dog barks again, the level of stimulation will be the same level of stimulation on his last bark. This is recommended for dogs 8 pounds or larger and fits with neck sizes 5-22 inches.
Included inside the box:
- NoBark 10R Collar On 3/4 Inch Black Collar Strap
- Charging Adaptor
- Test Light Tool
- Operating Guide
- It’s very customizable. You can even choose from the three training modes that work well on your dog; Temperament Learning, Progressive Correction, or User-Selected Correction mode.
- It has a higher level of correction level. (10 correction levels).
- It has a Perfect Bark Technology feature that provides you with a more stable sound and vibration detection.
- It is rechargeable; no need to replace the batteries.
- Upgraded models of this device are waterproof.
- Can’t be used for small dogs. This one is for medium to large dogs.
- Warranty only lasts for 30 days after purchasing the unit.
PetSpy 1100 Yards Remote Dog Training Shock Collar for Dogs with Beep, Vibration and Electric Shock, Rechargeable and Waterproof E-Collar Trainer
What’s great about this device aside from getting two collars is that it has a remote control that allows you to train your dog remotely.
Just like the first two bark collars on the list, this device also has an electric stimulation function, vibration, and sounds and another added feature is light stimulation. The remote transmitter would allow you to increase or decrease the level of stimulation; it can reach up to level 8.
The remote digital display will indicate Stimulation Level, pairing mode and battery status.
According to the device’s manual, the buttons on the remote are as follows:
- Tone (green button) – it delivers audible tone to the collar.
- Stimulation (yellow) – it delivers stimulation to collar based on current level shown on Digital Display (stimulation will time-out if pressed continuously for 12 seconds or longer and will reset after release).
- +2 Boost (red) – it delivers stimulation at 2 levels higher than the current setting (cannot exceed level 8 High and will also time-out after a button is held for 12 continuous seconds).
- Tone and Stimulation Buttons held simultaneously – it transmits Pairing command to Receiver Collar when P is visible on Digital Display.
This bark collar should only be used for dogs that are 6 months or older. There’s manual found inside the package that will help you teach simple tricks to your dogs and some tips on using the device to train your dog. I’m sure you’ll find it very helpful.
This device is also waterproof so no need to worry that it might malfunction or break when came in contact with water. The warranty will last for one year after purchasing the device.
Included inside the box:
- 1 x Remote Transmitter
- 2 x Collar Receiver
- 2 x Adjustable Collar Strap
- 1 x USB Charger
- 1 x Test Bulb
- 2 x Set of Metal Probes
- 1 x User Guide
- It includes two collar receivers that can be used for two dogs.
- It has 1100 yards range.
- The remote transmitter is very useful in training your dog since it has lots of functions and you would be hands-on when training your dog.
- The manual contains tips and tricks you can easily follow to maximize the use of the device for your dog’s training.
- It can be used even for small dog breeds, but take note that it is advisable to use it to dogs 6 months and older.
- It can be used not only for no-bark training but for other tricks that can discipline your dog better.
- Comes with a total of 16 levels of stimulation (8 low levels and 8 high levels) and a “+2 Boost” button that instantly increases the current Stimulation Level by 2 when pressed (will not exceed the 8 High Stimulation Level).
- Ranges up to 100 yards.
- This device is waterproof.
- The battery in the remote transmitter is not built-in, you need to replace it when it runs out or buy a rechargeable battery.
- Pricey compared to other bark collars in the market but reasonable since it comes with two collars and a remote transmitter.
Petrainer PET998DRB Dog Training Collar Rechargeable and Rainproof 330yd Remote Dog Shock Collar with Beep, Vibration and Shock Electronic Collar
This device is used by expert dog trainers, but first-time users won’t find it hard to use this since it’s user-friendly. There are four buttons in the remote transmitter.
The main purpose of this device is to control your dog to stop excessive barking, but it’s not just its feature. You can also help your dog that’s having aggression problems or if you want your dog to learn simple tricks such as sitting.
You can choose from sound, vibration, electric, or light stimulation. This one has a rechargeable remote transmitter and collar. If your pet likes to swim or love playing in the water, this device is waterproof so it would be suitable for your dog.
What’s amazing about this is that it has 100 level of vibration stimulation and another 100 level for static stimulation. You can choose what works best for your pet. You can alter the stimulation levels by pressing the up and down button on the remote transmitter.
The device is also power-savvy. The device would automatically go on deep sleep mode if it remained idle for 4 minutes and it would be activated again if it detects any movement from your dog. Since the device comes with two bark collars, you can use it solo, or with your other dog.
Don’t make your dog wear this for more than 12 hours every day which is the recommended period of usage according to the device manual. It is also suggested that if your dog is not used to wearing collars, let him get used to the collar first before proceeding with the training.
It is also advisable that try using the vibration stimulation first before the static stimulation.If your pet is also less than 8 pounds, this device might be large for him. The range of this device is 328 yards without any interference between the collar receiver and the remote transmitter. The warranty will last for 90 days after the date of purchase.
If your pet is also less than 8 pounds, this device might be large for him. The range of this device is 328 yards without any interference between the collar receiver and the remote transmitter. The warranty will last for 90 days after the date of purchase.
Included inside the box:
- 1 x Transmitter
- 2 x Receiver
- 2 x Nylon Belt>
- 1 x Charging Cable
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Test Bulb
- 3 Contact Points
- It has two collars that can be used for two dogs.
- The collars and the remote transmitters are rechargeables.
- No need to remove the collar if your dog is swimming; the device is waterproof.
- It has 100 levels of vibration and 100 levels of static stimulation.
- No need to worry about the battery running out fast, it has a power-saving mode. It’s very power-savvy.
- Not suitable if your dog is below 8 pounds. It’s recommended for dogs weighing 8 pounds and up.
Aetertek Electric Dog shock Collar 600 Yards Remote Dog Training E-collar with Beep/Vibration/Shock Rechargeable Submersible train up to 3 dogs
If you prefer something that is heavy-duty and can be used even when your dog is really hyperactive, we recommend this one since Aeterek prioritized the quality of this device. Aetertek collar uses the most advanced design and uses electromagnetic induction switch solution.
The device also features a precision waterproof ring and can last for three hours under water, 50 centimeters deep.
The remote is made for an easy grip and emits signals to the collar. It uses electric pulse stimulation, sound stimulation, and vibration. It has
The Aetertek has 7 levels of accurate static shock stimulation. Unlike the other bark collars on the list of best bark collars, this one has no light stimulation function. It can also train one to three dogs.
It also has a power-saving mode to make the battery last longer. This device is also rechargeable, no need to replace the batteries.
The range it can cross is 600 yards from the collar and can pass through walls, fences, and other obstacles. The warranty for this product will last for one year after your purchase.
- Can train up to 3 dogs.
- The materials and the main device is all top quality.
- Can take extreme activities since it’s heavy-duty.
- The device is waterproof
- Rechargeable batteries and comes with a power saving mode. It can last up to 3 days without charging.
- The transmitter has great signals; can cover 600 yards and obstacles won’t be a problem.
- It has no light stimulation function.
Do’s and Don’ts Of Training
- Prioritize your pet’s comfort. If your dog is not comfortable with the collar, he might experience a lot of stress and might worsen his aggression.
- Consider buying the waterproof ones since it’s more convenient for you and your pet.
- You know your dog better than anyone. It’s your call on what collar would work better for your pet. Remember that dogs will react differently to various stimuli. Their tolerance is also different from each other.
- Don’t force your dog to wear the collar. Let him get used to it first before starting the training. It would be more effective for the dog.
- Don’t rush the training period. It might confuse the dog and discourage him. Remember to be patient since training your pet is not really easy. It will take time.