As a dog owner, I’m sure you experienced dealing with dog hair. It’s literally everywhere! It can be found in your bed, your sofa covers, and even on the floor all over the house.
Swiping it with a broom won’t do the trick. These dog hairs can trigger allergies; it can be you, your child (if you have one), or those people who visit your home. Wondering how to handle those dog hairs? Try vacuum cleaners that made especially for cleaning your dog hairs at home.
If you’re asking why not just use your old vacuum at home, it’s because home vacuums are made with two-part brush and a hose mechanism which mean it’s intended to pick up dust and dirt but not pet hair.
Vacuums for pet hair, on the other hand, is made of silicon brushes instead of the more common soft brush on a standard vacuum. Because of this, it has a better filtration and more powerful suction to pick up those stubborn pet hairs. It also sucks up dander suspended in the air by the vacuum to ensure that your home will be 100% clean.
Spare yourself with endless search and time-consuming reading on different web pages of pet vacuum cleaners, we did the research for you. Here are the best vacuums for dog hair:
Best Vacuum for Dog Hair for 2017
|Miele Dynamic U1||$$$|
|Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multifloor Upright Vacuum, Silver – Corded||$$|
|Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away True Pet||$|
New Miele Dynamic U1 Upright Vacuum
This vacuum is made for those people who suffer from allergies. It promises 99.9 percent capture of dirt, dust, and allergens. Those stubborn dog hairs will get inside the vacuum cleaner bag and won’t have the chance to fly in the air.
This vacuum takes cleaning seriously! Its design is very smart. It has a thin body and an easy swivel sweeper, both essential to getting under furniture. Added feature for more precise cleaning is the
Added feature for more precise cleaning is the swivel neck sweeper that glides easily along borders as they curve so you don’t miss a spec as your vacuuming.
The brush is also something that is smartly designed. It’s an electro brush that follows the contours of your floor for consistent vacuuming of all floor types. All of the controls are on the handle so you can switch from carpet to floor smoothly.
It also has an extra-long hose helps your reach as you employ the attachments conveniently stored on the back of the vacuum body – a dusting brush, upholstery tool, and crevice nozzle. If you are into high-end stuff, this pet vacuum cleaner is for you. You’d be surprised that the warranty for this vacuum is 7 years.
- 1,200 Watt Vortex Motor
- 2 Motor Systems with On/Off Switch for Electrobrush
- 54’ Cleaning Radius
- Integrated – Dusting Brush, Upholstery & Crevice Tool
- Recommended for Hard Floors
- Recommended for Low Pile Carpeting
- Recommended for Medium and High Pile Carpeting
- Additional HEPA Included or Active AirClean
- Active AirClean filter: it has a combined AirClean Technology which has an active charcoal cassette that neutralizes odor.
- AirClean sealed system: Miele’s unique AirClean filtration system captures and retains over 99.9 percent of all lung damaging particles.
- STB 101 mini Turbobrush: Ideal for vacuuming cut-pile carpets and delicate upholstery, this tool can clean heavily-trafficked stairs and remove crumbs and pet hair from your furnishings with ease.
- Sophisticated design; sleek and powerful.
- Even though the power of this machine is strong, it doesn’t create a loud noise when you are using it.
- Made from durable materials like high-density plastic and metal
- Absolutely annihilates pet hair in the carpet plus it has a long chord.
- Pricey compared to other vacuums, but you will get your money’s worth with its great features.
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multifloor Upright Vacuum, Silver – Corded
It has a very strong suction that will pick up every single dog hairs inside your home. What makes the Cinetic Big Ball even better than the other Dyson vacuums is that it has no filter.
They improved their suction technology so that it would specialize at grabbing microscopic particles and there is no filter to wash out, plus, it would never lose its suction.
Because it has no vacuum bags to change and no filter to wash, all you need to do to keep your this machine working properly is to empty out the dust bin when it reached the maximum capacity of hairs to pick up and the bin is full.
It’s good for people who have asthma since this vacuum is asthma-friendly and certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. It has a longer extension with a ‘beater bar’ that can easily be used to clean upholstery, pet beds, and other items where pet hair collects. Its ball-technology allows it to glide around the corners.
- According to Dyson’s official site, their vacuum was engineered and tested to last 10 years. Engineered and tested
They subject Dyson Cinetic Big Ball to 12,800 hours including 663 individual tests.
- 200 sideway slams into steel blocks
- 147,000 hose stretches
- 362 miles of carpet cleaning
- 7,342 careless drops
- 800 hours of non-stop pushing and pulling
- 10,000 cable tugs
- 20,000 button presses
- Dyson Cinetic tips oscillate at up to 5,000 Hz, separating the microscopic dust that clogs all other vacuums.
- Ball Technology
- Steers easily into difficult places with a simple turn of the wrist.
- The hose and wand release in one smooth action, making it easy to clean up high.
- A paddle-shaped profile, robust bristles and flexible construction enable dust and dirt removal from the most hard-to-reach parts of your home.
- Twists into different positions and angles for easy high-reach cleaning.
- Removes dirt and allergens from mattresses and upholstery.
- This one is also pricey but there’s no question about its quality.
- A bit difficult to maneuver on non-carpet flooring due to the suction power–you really have to pull and use your body to help turn/guide the vacuum.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away True Pet
Canister vacuums are known for the ease of using it, but it lacks in power. This vacuum got both; the ease of using a canister vacuum and the total power you are looking for. It also comes in an awesome design!
Aside from the convenience of the powered rotator, it also has a great suction power. Although it isn’t as powerful as the Dyson, it still powerful compared to other brands and pet vacuum models in the market. It lifts almost every bit of pet hair, dust, and dirt from your carpet and seals it up with its Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology.
- 3 Vacuums in 1 – Upright, Powered Lift-Away, Canister
- 2 Vacuums in 1 – Upright and Powered Lift-Away
- Never Loses Suction Technology
- Powered Motorized Brush in all Modes
- Bare floor cleaning with Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- Rotator Technology With Enhanced Swivel Steering
You can use it in 3 ways:
You can use the vacuum in three basic ways; use it as an upright vacuum, pull off the canister and you have a canister vacuum with the power of an upright but the thinness of a stick vacuum and if you need the flexibility of a simple hose, just lift out the detachable wand.
The vacuum includes a bunch of tools, including one for dusting bare floors with microfiber pads. It also has a stretch hose, crevice tool, and a premium motorized pet hair power brush.
- The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away features fingertip controls on the handle, allowing you to switch effortlessly from carpets to bare floors and back.
- Navigate dark corners and under furniture with LED lights on the handle and nozzle—you’ll be amazed by how much dirt and dust you’ve been missing.
- Shark’s advanced steering technology provides excellent control when maneuvering around furniture and other obstacles that may stand in your way.
- It’s a bit heavy compared to other vacuums.
- The handle might be bulky for others.
Quick Buying Guide
We want you to choose the best vacuum for dog hair so aside from the products on the list, here are two questions to ask yourself to avoid spending on a pet vacuum that won’t satisfy your expectations.
How Big is the Area You Need to Vacuum?
If your house is a bigger than most, you need a vacuum cleaner that is also heavy-duty and big, and if your house is smaller, then you need a vacuum that can clean every corner and tight spaces.
What Style of Vacuum do You Prefer?
Some popular types of vacuums that cater to different needs are Handheld, canister and upright vacuums. upright vacuums work best in larger spaces, Canister vacuums are a great ‘middle-ground’ option, with many now offering similar suction power to an upright, but without the heavy and hard-to-maneuver machine to have to deal with. A handheld vacuum is for smaller spaces like a car, curtains, or maybe a fabric sofa in a hard floor room.